Once again, WrestleCrap is back with its brand new, weekly interaction, in which Our Loyal Crappers decide what the worst in wrestling was for the past week. They can choose gimmicks, storylines, news stories, or anything else that constitutes “Crap”, and the votes are tallied in order to determine the WORST in wrestling…..at least for this week!
1. Hulk Hogan and Sting run off the Aces and Eights (NR)
With Bully Ray, the Aces began picking up wins, and some heavily needed cred along the way. A good way to undo that cred is by having two fogies scare you off.
2. Antonio Cesaro yodels (6)
1. Have somebody get over without much character. 2. Have him lose for 3 months straight. 3. Give him a stereotypical gimmick of a yodeler. 4. Profit?
3. Triple H assaults Paul Heyman with no provocation (NR)
Between kicking Wade Barrett in the plums, and beating up Heyman over and over, is there anyone more insecure and needy than the Game?
4. Michael Cole dances to R-Truth’s theme music (NR)
I’ve begun to theorize that Cole acts as a rodeo clown, and his objective is to distract viewers from the awful show at hand, by making them hate him more.
5. WWE to run Diva-related reality show on E! (9)
Given how WWE values acceptance in plastic media, imagine how hard they’ll push this, especially after the extended preview of The Bellas last night.
6. The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, and Natalya trifecta from hell (NR)
Whether they’re fighting for Horny’s parking spot, or dancing against Fandango, this lame comedic trilogy draws a number of groans from ashamed viewers.
7. Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules (NR)
It speaks volumes that PPV mega-draw Lesnar is stuck in a dead-end, heatless storyline, and the only ones who don’t seem to notice are those booking it.
8. WWE acts as if it invented the Fandango’ing craze (1)
Ever since the company killed the cool-factor of the craze by proudly displaying all of the media attention it received, Fandango’s been nearing square one.
9. Mick Foley needlessly used to try and get Ryback/John Cena over (NR)
The old standby: bring in an icon of a pined-for era to get today’s stale, lifeless characters over. Mick’s done it so often that it’s lost almost all meaning.
10. Ryback takes down tweets that reference John Cena’s divorce (NR)
Regal once told some NXT talents that their real-life deficiencies may be used as a gimmick to embarrass them. Of course, Cena’s obviously the exception.
11. Dolph Ziggler cleanly puts Jack Swagger over (2)
The stench of this one continues to waft about, as the idea of Swagger maintaining his main event-level push gets no love from anyone watching.
12. TNA Helmet Cam (7)
Like many of TNA’s innovations and concepts, expect that this latest novelty will be scrapped and forgotten before long. But not before we get our jokes in.
13. Mark Henry backs down from Great Khali on Main Event (NR)
Henry runs through three men (Usos and Santino) before giving it his all against Khali, walking off when he knew he couldn’t win. Then he’s labeled a coward.
14. Fans take Michael Bay’s tweet about The Rock too seriously (NR)
So Bay jokes that Rock should quit wrestling due to his abdominal injury. Isn’t that many of you guys already say? I fail to see the problem here.
15. Miz as a face (11)
Whew, just made it in, fifteen weeks running! The time away has softened the feelings toward Miz, but when he returns, I expect the votes to return.
Justin Henry is WrestleCrap's inquiring newsman, thirsting for knowledge always. He enjoys the art of satire, as you'll find in many of his works here at WrestleCrap. Drop him a line on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/notoriousjrh) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/jrhwriting)