Things I learned from this brief commercial for Fruity Pebbles featuring John Cena:
1. John Cena absolutely hates limes (“Too many limes! Too many limes!”) and will punch any that come anywhere near him while he’s trying to enjoy breakfast.
2. The people at Post knew that just having John Cena appear in the commercial, mug to the camera, and wave his hands around against a blue screen was enough; so they put minimal effort into the commercial. I was so hoping for John to help Fred thwart Barney’s disguised efforts to get his hands on Fred’s cereal. Maybe next time…
3. Kids like bright, flashing random patterns in the backgrounds of their commercials- the kind that might give some other kids seizures, or temporarily blind their parents.
4. John Cena has a spiffy new shirt and cap combination to promote his favorite cereal. Rise Above Froot Loops!
5. The cereal itself looks so bright that you could read a book in the dark by your cereal bowl.
6. Some ad guy working for Post got paid to come up with the line “The Chomp Is Here!”. Ugh…
7. Nothing will ever beat this classic Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles commercial from the mid-1980′s: